The Paloma has gained a lot of popularity in a short period of time considering that it was only just created in the late 90’s. You can order the Paloma around the globe and your bartender will know exactly how to whip up this simple and irresistible cocktail. It’s even the official national cocktail of Mexico, that’s quite impressive when you remember that the Paloma’s older sibling is the Margarita!
We are taking this authentic Mexican cocktail and swapping out traditional Tequila for a non-alcoholic spirit that works just as well (arguably even better). There are a few great non-alcoholic Tequila or Mezcal options you can use, but we’ve totally fell in love with the non-alcoholic Paloma that’s built with Everleaf Marine. This botanical spirit boasts refreshing notes of kelp and olive leaf and pairs perfectly with the zesty grapefruit in a non-alcoholic Paloma.
- Non-Alcoholic Paloma ingredients
- How to make a non-alcoholic Paloma?
- The best non-alcoholic Tequila, Mezcal, or botanical spirit for your Paloma
Non-alcoholic Paloma ingredients you'll need:
- 2 oz Everleaf Marine
- 1/2 oz fresh lime juice
- Pinch of salt
- Barspoon of agave syrup
- Top with pink grapefruit soda
- Grapefruit slice for garnish
How to make the best non-alcoholic Paloma?
There is little to no effort needed with this stupendously flavorful mocktail. Make sure to play around with the ratios of you zero-proof Paloma. For instance, if you like it sweeter add a bit more agave syrup.
- Combine all ingredients except the grapefruit soda in a shaker and shake well.
- Pour your mix over ice in a highball glass.
- Top with a grapefruit soda like Fever-Tree Sparkling Pink Grapefruit
- Finish it off with a grapefruit wedge as your garnish and enjoy your non-alcoholic Paloma cocktail!
Which non-alcoholic Tequila or other spirit should I use in my Paloma?
Good ingredients make good non-alcoholic drinks. This is always true but perhaps even more so when there are just a few ingredients such as with the non-alcoholic Paloma. Here are our favorite booze-free spirits made for the Paloma.
- Everleaf Marine: A unique and delicious mix of Unami, bergamot citrus, thyme, olive leaf and sea buckthorn that pairs exquisitely well in a non-alcoholic Paloma.
- Ritual Tequila: If you like a spicy kick to your Paloma, you’re absolutely going to want to opt for this one-for-one Tequila replacement.
- Spiritless Jalisco 55: A complex reposado Tequila alternative that also includes a nice peppery finish.
Pentire Seaward: Another botanical spirit made for the Paloma, containing key ingredients like pink grapefruit, sea rosemary and wild seaweed.
Monday Mezcal: This non-alcoholic Mezcal will upgrade your Paloma with notes of earthy roasted agave, campfire smokiness, and spicy jalapeño heat.