Universally loved, ever reliable, and a certified crowd pleaser, the Margarita needs no introduction. This easy-to-make cocktail has been enjoyed for decades, be it at happy hour or casual backyard get-togethers, and making a non-alcoholic Margarita is just as simple and fun. Let’s suppose you want to spice things up a bit, this non-alcoholic Devil’s Margarita cocktail recipe adds the perfect amount of mischief to the Mexican classic! Making for a spooky alcohol-free sip that’s perfect for Halloween but also for times when you just want that little extra zing.
A float of non-alcoholic red wine is the culprit to this gruesomely delicious concoction. Floating, in case you’re new to the term, is the process of layering a wine or liquor on top of a drink to enhance its overall flavor. The resulting serve is a perfect symphony of that classic sour-sweet flavor profile of a Margarita and that extra decadence you get from the Red Wine.
Non-alcoholic Devil's Margarita ingredients you'll need:
- 2 oz Non-alcoholic Tequila
- 1 oz Non-alcoholic Red Wine
- 1 oz Fresh lime juice
- 3/4 oz Agave syrup
- Lime wheel for garnish
How do you make a non-alcoholic Devil’s Margarita?
It’s really easy to make a non-alcoholic Devil’s Margarita:
- Throw your non-alcoholic Tequila of choice, fresh lime juice, and agave syrup to a shaker with a large chunk of ice. Reminder: Over shaking could make for a diluted and therefore less flavorful non-alcoholic Devil’s Margarita. To prevent this, make sure to only use a solid block of ice and to shake very briefly.
- Strain into a cocktail glass.
- Float your non-alcoholic Red Wine of choice by pouring it slowly on the back of a bar spoon, creating a vibrant layer of red on top of your drink.
- Garnish with a lime wheel. Serve and enjoy your non-alcoholic Devil’s Margarita!
Which non-alcoholic Tequila should I use in my Devil’s Margarita?
Your non-alcoholic Margarita is only as good as the ingredients you use to mix it, so make sure to pick the best options when making a non-alcoholic Devil’s Margarita. For Tequila, we recommend Lyre’s Agave Blanco, Ritual Tequila, Spiritless Jalisco 55, and Monday Mezcal.