The origins of this sensational Mexican sip may be up for debate but it’s no wonder why the Michelada is a hit!
You get a flavorful array of citrus, a dash of hot sauce, and to top it all off, beer. As if flamethrowers danced around inside your mouth in a fiery skirmish, this refreshing and hot drink will have you craving for more right after the first sip.This booze-free take on the fiery Mexican cocktail is just as refreshing, vibrant, and bright.
Though people often compare the Michelada to a Bloody Mary, it doesn’t use vodka but instead uses beer for its main booze. It’s also mostly associated with brunch and is considered a hangover cure — a tasty concoction that’s also pretty versatile.
Typically, a Michelada includes tomato juice. However, this is not the case in some regions, where they totally skip tomato juice. Our non-alcoholic Michelada take hews much closer to this variant instead of the tomato juice-based concoctions. Instead, we’re using an array of citrus and spices, but worry not — it’ll still taste delicious regardless, we guarantee it!
For the non-alcoholic beer, you can use Fungtn Reishi Citra Hop or Fungtn Chaga Lager, both of which are zero proof and adaptogenic, meaning you get the awesome pros of drinking booze-free beer with some extra health benefits, to boot. As for the rest of the ingredients, you can pretty much find them in your pantry or fridge, so this recipe should be no sweat.
Below, we’ve listed everything you need to make a mouth-tinglingly sensational non-alcoholic Michelada that delivers a ferocious and fiery perk-up each sip. Look, we love non-alcoholic beer as much as everyone else, but we can safely say that after you try this Michelada mocktail recipe, you might just never see beer the same way again. Cheers!
Non-alcoholic Michelada ingredients you'll need:
- 1 can of non-alcoholic beer, we like Fungtn Reishi Citra Hop and Fungtn Chaga Lager
- 1/2 ounce freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 dashes of hot sauce, tabasco is great
- A pinch of salt (just for the rim)
- A pinch of cayenne pepper (just for the rim)
- A pinch of ground black pepper
- 2 dashes of Worcestershire sauce
- Lime wedge for garnish
How do you make the best non-alcoholic Michelada?
- Salt the rim of your glass. Mix your salt and cayenne pepper on a small plate. Rub your lime wedge along the rim and then run it along your salt and cayenne mixture.
- Pour your lime juice, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, and black pepper into a glass over ice.
- Crack open your can of non-alcoholic beer and fill it up! Give it a good stif in the glass and then finish it off with a garnish of lime wedge or wheel. Cheers!