NON #2 Caramelized Pear & Kombu - Alcohol Free Wine Alternative 25.4oz (750mL)
This fizzy & refreshing wine-alt gives off major autumn and holiday season vibes.
The second NON offering is complex, layered, and hits different after every sip. Reminiscent of a country style French cider with a complete mouthfeel. Pairs well with sharp cheeses & desserts.
What does it taste like?
- Nose: roasted pears, vegetal & woody perfume
- Palate: effervescent, touch of spice, dehydrated & caramelized pear shine through, torched honeyed fruit, vanilla, savory olive brine & mineral finish
- Conclusion: must have for the holiday season
- Served chilled & shake lightly before pouring into a wine glass
- Holiday special: heat in a water bath & serve hot
- Refrigerate after opening, drink with 3 days
Good to know
- Imported from Australia
- 25.4oz (750mL) bottle
- All natural (sediment may occur)
- 0% alcohol
Ingredients: Whole Pears, Kombu, Ginger, Cardamom, Peppercorn, Star Anise, Black Tea, Clove, Agave, Vanilla, Olive Brine, Verjus, Filtered Water
I loved the blend of this drink, and the carbonation. I poured this over ice, and literally smiled after each drink. I could taste every ingredient in this magical blend. This is by far my fave drink. No & Low has the best service, too. They are responsive and were great at recommending beverages based on my preferences.
I was super excited to try the Caramelized Pear & Kombu with hopes of it being like a regular kombucha/ pear cider flavour. Upon following the recommendation to lightly shake the bottle before pouring into a wine glass, half of the bottle's carbonation fizzed out and created a mess. It wasn't the greatest experience, as once I was able to taste it, the contents were underwhelming. The flavour lacked depth and I had to add in a bit of agave and lemon to really bring out the true taste. I was hoping for a more effervescent taste, but was overall disappointed. I'd like to try the other Non flavours to see if I have a better experience, but I would give the Caramelized Pear & Kombu a 3/5 star review.