Bax Botanics Sea Buckthorn - Alcohol-Free Spirit
Sea Buckthorn is a luxurious alcohol-free spirit boasting rich, complex & bittersweet flavors that will excite your palate.
Bax Botanics is proudly designed by nature and always pays homage to the ingredients they use. Whether that be through sourcing organic and ethically grown herbs, using sustainable and recycled materials, or putting the plant front and center on the bottle (yes, that’s a microscopic image of a plant cell)! The unique Sea Buckthorn berries are the focus of this bold and concentrated alcohol-free spirit that brings an intensity you don’t always get in the non-alc category.
What does it taste like?
- Nose: warming & pungent aromatics, fruity with fresh herbs
- Palate: dry and bitter, complexity driven by the Sea Buckthorn berries, citrus notes of Seville oranges, depth from underlying herbs like rosemary & thyme and finishes with a subtle spicy & acidic bite
- Conclusion: it is an award-winning spirit for a reason, it’s unique and bursting with flavor
No & Low Recommendations
- It is essential to try the classic Bax & Tonic (1 part Bax, 3 parts premium tonic) over ice with a twist of orange zest but Sea Buckthorn also plays well with others. Try it in different variations of the non-alcoholic Negroni.
- Keep in cool, dry place. No need to refrigerate. Use within 6 months of opening.
About your Bax Botanics non-alcoholic spirit
- Made in England
- 16.9oz (500mL) bottle
- 0 calories per serving
- 0 sugar per serving
- Vegan & Gluten Free
- No additives or allergens
- Contains 0.00% alcohol
- The perfect alternative for gin
Ingredients: Water, Natural Botanical Distillates including 1% Sea Buckthorn, Citric Acid, Potassium Sorbate.
I was hired to do sober bartending for a crowd that usually drinks. Everyone who tasted Bax Botanics was positively surprised how good it was. Everyone loved it, while some of the alcohol free wine received more critic for not tasting as great. Just want to point out, that the crowd was critical but had nothing bad to say about Bax. In my experiance both Bax Botanic flavors are a crowd pleaser.
I am not into gin, so perhaps that’s why I can’t find a use for this. My go to is Wilfred’s with mineral water.
As I had never tasted Sea Buckthorn previously, I was not sure what to expect. What a lovely surprise! This mixed with a great tonic really stands on its own. I would not classify BAX BOTANICS as a gin alternative, more a standalone herb distilled drink that has no rival. I especially enjoy 20mls mixed with 20mls of Pentire Adrift topped of with tonic. This really brings back the smells of the central California coast on a foggy morning...bliss!
This is my favorite Bar Botanics flavor! It is so versatile and has a wonderful depth and zest. I use this in a zero-proof ginger margarita, as well, and it's lovely. I also use this in my Creamsicle Gimlet, that I make with Royal Rose Orange Vanilla syrup and lime juice.
Bax Botanics Sea Buckthorn reminds me of the scent of warm wood - inviting, earthy, complex. It goes "hand-in-glove" with spicy and bitter flavors. Highly enjoyable!