Wine, but not. Acid League’s “Dragon Blood” is a magical & mysterious red wine proxy inspired by the flavors of a Northern Rhône Syrah.
Interesting fact, this actually contains Dragon’s Blood! A natural plant resin that brings color and a leathery funk. Along with that Acid League has blended some intriguing ingredients such as Saskatoon berries, Syrah grapes, French oak, chicory & Pu-erh tea, which make for an untamed and inky red wine alternative.
What does it taste like?
- Nose: juicy & berry-forward with smoky, earthy undertones
- Palate: expressive, dark red fruit, leather & French oak, briny olives, smoked tea, medium body with a subtle touch of peppercorn
- Serve at 55-60F in a fancy wine glass, pairs well with Wild Mushrooms, Steak, Red Wine Braises & Venison.
- Drink within 3 months. Once opened keep refrigerated and drink within one week.
Good to know
- Bottled in Canada
- 750ml bottle
- 45 calories per serving
- Contains less than 0.5% alcohol
Ingredients: Water, Syrah Juice, Saskatoon Berry Concentrate, Olive Brine, Blackberry Concentrate, Green Peppercorn Bitters (a preparation of green peppercorn, nigella seeds, French oak, chicory, and dragon’s blood), Wolfberry, Pea Flower Vinegar (pea flower, vinegar, water), Tartaric Acid, Sea Salt, Lincang Pu-erh Tea, Yan Hun Xiao Zhong Smoked Black Tea, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate, Sulfites.
Sorry, but not even close to real wine taste.