Proteau Ludlow Red
It’s not wine, although it is made for the same occasions. This unique botanical aperitif is a balance of bitter, floral, & fruit.
What’s a botanical aperitif you ask? It is a drink made from plant derived ingredients like blackberry, roasted dandelion, chamomile, rose, & black pepper. These botanicals, plus more, make it the perfect pre-dinner drink that is also well-suited for meals and to end the night. A truly versatile non-alcoholic concoction.
What does it taste like?
- The bittersweet complexity, high acidity, and fruitiness define this non-alcoholic aperitif
- Nose: spicy, earthy, floral, licorice-root
- Palate: semi-sweet with medium body, tart, peppery, chrysanthemum, intense blackberry and fig vinegar, hibiscus, long peppery-sharp finish
- Conclusion: absolutely unique & invigorating taste profile, must-try
- Serve chilled on its own
- Mix 4oz of chilled Ludlow Red with 4oz of sparkling water for a spritz, pour over ice and garnish with a fresh rosemary sprig
- Refrigerate after opening, drink within 10 days for best flavour
Good to know
- Made in USA
- 750ml bottle
- 30 calories per serving
- No added sugar (6g per serving)
- 0.008% alcohol
Ingredients: Water, Blackberry Juice Concentrate, Fig Vinegar, Licorice Root Extract, Roasted Dandelion Root Extract, Chamomile Extract, Rose Extract, Hibiscus Extract, Black Pepper Extract, Chrysanthemum Extract, Honeysuckle Extract, Xanthan Gum.
I like it the most when in cocktails, takes some getting used to but now I love it
Quite sweet and a little flat when drinking on its own, but blossoms when mixed with tonic and bitter liqueurs like Suze with a careful drop or two of Angostura bitters.